Twelfth Night Sewing Moment--TOTALLY OT

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2003
      So I'm working away, and at some point it hits me. I'm wearing:

      49ers puffy bedroom slippers, because it's the fifth night of Chanukah, and
      my mother taught me never to light holiday candles barefoot.

      Blue jeans.

      Over the jeans, a fitted linen fourteenth-century gown, unhemmed, and with
      the sleeves not yet buttonable, so they flap from just below the elbow, or in
      the case of the sleeve I need to fix, just above the elbow.

      Over that, a cotton mock-up for the overdress, black cotton, with no sleeves,
      falling to hip-length, totally unhemmed.

      Over that, a plaque belt. Not sure why, I put it on while I was talking to
      Grimr and didn't take it off.

      Metallic scrunchie.

      Was SORELY tempted to take a photo and post it on amiperiodornot.com and
      title it "Am I SCA Or What?".

      Raquel