Re: [Authentic_SCA] gifts

  • Ariane H
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 5, 2003
      aheilvei@... wrote:

      >Anyone else making use of their SCA skills to bring warmth to others in the
      >holiday season?

      I think I'm mostly buying presents this year - don't have any time for
      making stuff, unfortunately, and barely any gift-able skills - but I did
      promise my boyfriend a small linen ruff and, if I can get more linen,
      I'll give it to him attached to a new shirt. I just made a ruff for
      myself a few weeks ago, and it was not nearly as difficult as I thought
      it would be. (Reassuring, but it does make me wonder whether I did
      something totally wrong for it to have been that easy... ;)

      Vittoria
    • Katie Daniel/Maimuna
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 29, 2004
        You know you're in the SCA when embroidery is an
        appropriate gift, and the giftee is male!

        I gave DH a white scarf with his device embroidered on
        the front and all his award blazons embroidered on the
        back and a storage pouch with his device on it. And
        two award sashes (one fighting and one dress). It was
        an embroidery Christmas!

        I received from DH some Afghani jewelery and a Karakul
        sheep-skin coat.

        Maimuna

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com