RE: [Authentic_SCA] gifts

  • MMM
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 4, 2003
      Not SCA skills, but I'm making soaps and lotions and bubble bath and
      truffles and candy.

      I *found* the coolest cookies at a bakery which will require creativity.
      The ones for my single gal pals will be packed with bath goodies,
      truffles and a trashy novel. The ones for guys will be similar buy
      guy-ish. There is even a UPS guy for my parents' dog, who once -and
      only once- bit the UPS guy. (UPS guy in question was OK with it - she
      only mouthed him. The regular UPS lady brought dog cookies as tribute
      and the sub didn't know.) I love holiday prezzies and especially
      creative ones.

      Bonus - Calum was old enough to help with the tree this year and will be
      helping the candy-making.

      Madinia

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Katie Daniel/Maimuna
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 29, 2004
        You know you're in the SCA when embroidery is an
        appropriate gift, and the giftee is male!

        I gave DH a white scarf with his device embroidered on
        the front and all his award blazons embroidered on the
        back and a storage pouch with his device on it. And
        two award sashes (one fighting and one dress). It was
        an embroidery Christmas!

        I received from DH some Afghani jewelery and a Karakul
        sheep-skin coat.

        Maimuna

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com