gifts

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      With pocketbooks being tight all over this year, I was wondering what
      people are making for holiday gifts this year?

      I've bound books for my two sisters-in-law and I'm in the process of
      binding two more for my sisters. I'm going to do an illumination for my
      mother with a Psalm verse on it (I know she'll like the verse). These
      gifts only cost me my time and materials that I had on hand.

      Anyone else making use of their SCA skills to bring warmth to others in the
      holiday season?

      Smiles,
      Despina

    • Katie Daniel/Maimuna
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 29, 2004
        You know you're in the SCA when embroidery is an
        appropriate gift, and the giftee is male!

        I gave DH a white scarf with his device embroidered on
        the front and all his award blazons embroidered on the
        back and a storage pouch with his device on it. And
        two award sashes (one fighting and one dress). It was
        an embroidery Christmas!

        I received from DH some Afghani jewelery and a Karakul
        sheep-skin coat.

        Maimuna

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com