Linen is here

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      The linen I ordered Wednesday night is here already!!
      www.fabrics-store.com ROCKS!

      The 3.5 oz white linen is a bit heavier than I expected, definitely
      heavy enough for shirts and chemises. Its not really what I'd call
      handkerchief linen, the threads are relatively coarse and the weave a
      bit open. A bit stiff now, but should wash up softer.

      The 6.1 oz Copen Blue Narva jacquard linen is absolutely yummy!! It
      is made of fine threads and is soft and drapey and makes you want to
      pet it and wrap up it in! The color is more blue grey than blue, and
      very like woad blue. The pattern alternates stripes of plain weave
      and stripes of chevron twill. All quite subtle. I intend this for
      a new Viking gown.

      The 5.3 oz black linen is quite coarse, and will be perfect for trews
      or a gown. It is quite stiff now but should wash softer.

      The black and blue and a sample of white are going in the washer as
      soon as I can make myself let go of them. *S*

      Ranvaig, in linen heaven!!!
    • Zachary Kessin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        Oh I want some. Wonder how much it would cost to get it shipped to israel.
        Maybe I'll send it on a cargo lift from the USA. Or next time I'm over in
        the states.

        --Zach

        On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 ranvaig@... wrote:

        > The linen I ordered Wednesday night is here already!!
        > www.fabrics-store.com ROCKS!

      • MMM
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          It can't cost that much. Does UPS go there? Or, Fedex might be worth
          it for under half a bolt. Heck, ground mail would even be better than
          no linen

          Madinia

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Zachary Kessin
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            We get UPS Fedex and DHL as well as regular post office. However shipping
            to israel is expensive. As well as the fact that the customs service will
            probably slap a tarif on it. Also our customs service is on strike right
            now.

            --Zach

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              Well, the US postal service will ship a 10 lb package by ground mail for
              USD $32. Just a thought. But for customs you will definitely prefer
              someone to bring it. Or send it as a personal gift? I know that gets
              many things past Canada Customs. Or so I've heard. <blink>

              Madinia