Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: IKA award documents

  • Kristina Pohl
    Message 1 of 113 , Nov 12, 2003
      At 01:06 PM 11/11/2003, you wrote:

      > > > I think that, more likely, writing people in for awards should
      >be popularized. Maybe the paperwork should be easily accessible at
      > > events, or something. Provide a notepad, a couple pens, a printed
      >up "form copy" of a recommendation letter, and envelopes. That
      >actually sounds like a
      > > good idea.
      >
      >The problem is that if you put out a 'form letter' it becomes worth
      >less than something original from the people. Just as a petition
      >signed by 45 people is well intended, the Crown would much rather
      >recieve 45 individual letters of recommendation for that person
      >becaseu it shows that that many people were willing to put in the
      >time and effort to make sure that the person got the award
      >they 'deserve'. Yeah, it's a pain to have to sort through all that
      >mail, but they will realize how convinced people are that the person
      >really should have the award.
      >
      >Despina

      Something very similar to our online recommendation forms.

      <http://www.antir.sca.org/recommendations.php>

      It would keep it simple, to the point, and (hopefully) easy to read.

      So not completely a "fill in the blanks" form letter, but a good outline
      for those who've never done one.

      Kris

      Chiara Sartore
      All thoughts and fantasies