Spanish translation wanted

  • Lena Strid
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2003
      Revisiting an old thread:

      In May -03, there was a discussion on medieval underwear (comes up quite regularly, that one...), and a reference was made to a Spanish book. I would like to follow up that info, but am sadly lacking in Spanish. Are there anyone out there that can help me with a translation of the relevant bits? (I'm not trusting babelfish, after I saw what it did to a swedish archaeology report *shudder* - but it was quite fun to see what made the software translate the text as it did).

      Please respond privately (this list is chatty as it is :-) .

      / Lena

      Original quote (message #32520):
      By the way, I have a book on Valencian Costume of the 14th-15th
      centuries that claims that women wore bands of cloth as underwear,
      much like Roman women used as bras (and else?). She doesn't give a
      citation for that but she gives a citation that says that women, after
      their periods, left the dirty cloths all over the place. She's quoting
      Jaume Roig (ca. 1401-1478), in "The mirror", a book also known as
      "Book of Women" or somesuch.

      I have just found the text online, in the original Catalan, at:
      http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/FichaAutor.html?Ref=1201&idGrupo=Todo

      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

      Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
      http://www.exactsearchbar.com/