Re: [Authentic_SCA] IKA award documents

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2003
      In a message dated 11/7/2003 10:10:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:
      <<Her majesty decided to award mine the
      <<day I received it and Thomas de Castellan had to come up with a "zen
      <<scroll" on the spot.

      Oh, that was weird. I started reading this and was suddenly trying to figure
      out if I had written it and just couldn't remember. That's pretty much
      exactly what happened to me, including the fact that Thomas was the person who
      "zenned" the scroll in court. And that is one of his talents; he could come up
      with amazingly worded things. Mine said something about there being many jewels
      in the kingdom but some being more rare than others.

      Of course, Thomas sort of engineered me getting mine as well - you see, we'd
      been friends before I found the SCA and I'm the one who brought him into the
      club. When he was herald for Gregor and Christence (first reign, I think, AS
      29), he brought it to Christence's attention that I'd been chirurgeoning for 7
      years and Southern Regional Deputy Chirurgeon for about 3 years at that point,
      and didn't have my AOA yet - on the day of the event. I finally got the
      scroll in the past year.

      Brangwayna