Re: Authentic Homes Anyone?

  • ketamina06
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Talia" <talia@k...> wrote:
      > You're going to have a lot of fun with this! Might I suggest
      looking at
      > alternative building materials such as tires, rammed earth, or
      haybale
      > houses?

      Yes, straw-bale is one that is high on our list. We've researched
      this A LOT, and read several diaries of others who have done the
      same thing, and continue to add to their homes with different
      materials. Tires are a wonderful option, too.

      I hope that I can make at least a decent attempt at something
      somewhat authentic, but I've just begun to research that part of it.
      I love the big window seats and the inset windows themselves, the
      round, soft corners, and the way homes can literally blend into the
      land.

      One of my biggest fantasies is to have good land, and eventually
      host SCA event(s). We are looking at land around Ferndale/Bellingham
      at the moment, but that can change at the drop of a hat.

      L. Keterlyn LaFave