Janet Arnold estate news

  • aheilvei
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2003
      Greetings,

      >For those of you with an interest in the works of the late great
      British costume historian, Janet Arnold, I offer the following news.
      I have today, received a letter from Santina M. Levey, (the executor
      of Janet Arnold's estate) updating me on the work that both she and
      Millie Jaffe' have been conducting, to assemble one last final
      volume in the "Patterns of Fashion" series.

      >Those of you, who have followed my previous posts, will remember
      that Ms. Levey and Mrs. Jaffe' have been working with previously
      unpublished research materials of Ms. Arnold's, relating to fair
      linen - coifs, shirts, shifts, ruffs, collars, etc. which were left
      as part of the estate.

      >Originally, they had hoped to be ready for a publication date of
      late 2003 or early 2004. Ms. Levey informs me that unfortunately due
      to "personal reasons", there will be at least a one year delay until
      the new volume is published.

      >She goes on to say the the new volume will be published by
      Macmillan as part of the existing series of "Patterns of Fashion",
      but that we should not expect to see it until late 2004 or early
      2005.

      >Please free to forward to other interested parties or lists, as
      desired. I apologize for any cross postings.
      In service to Crown and Coronet, yours faithful and ever assured,
      HL Eleanor of Leycestershyre, AoA, JdL, etc