RE: [Authentic_SCA] Brain Block

  • Marsha McLean
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
      Well, I know that Henry the Eighth of England and his various wives had
      jewels with their combined initials... but nothing juicier.

      Hope it's a start?

      Madinia
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Walpole"
          <ewalpole@a...> wrote:
          > I don't know if this will help at all, but I know Henry VIII did it
          (at
          > least for his 1st 3 queens, I haven't read about the rest) and used
          it to
          > decorate his palaces.

          There is a ceiling boss in one of the gatehouses at Hampton Court
          that still has the HA cypher on it. Guess Henry's minions missed it.

          Jehanne de Wodeford
        • aheilvei
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2003

            > There is a ceiling boss in one of the gatehouses at Hampton Court
            > that still has the HA cypher on it. Guess Henry's minions missed
            it.

            IIRC, that ceiling was finished after Anne had died and the design
            was just never modified or defaced - the construction continued as
            it had been.

            Despina