Re: [Authentic_SCA] New Smock

  • Rainillt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2003
      If you are doing a smock vs a leine then I would take
      a look at this painting by Sarto, Its from about 1517,
      it is Italian, but it would easily give you the same
      neckline as in the watercolors.
      http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/html/a/andrea/sarto/1/port_wom.html
      or
      http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/art/a/andrea/sarto/1/port_wom.jpg

      The construction would be the same as for the other
      smocks in similar time period, its square construction
      with the gathers drawn up to where you want them to
      be, and in this case a center opening.

      I have other images from about the same time period in
      a number of different places in Europe, so it would
      seem to be a common style.

      Hope this helps
      Rainillt Leia

      http://shopping.yahoo.com