Re: image search help

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2003
      Well, before I even wrote to him, my librarian found the book and a
      copy of it he can get through InterLibrary Loan.

      The plate should show evidence of musicians being able to read
      multiple parts. St. Cecilia is playing the organ from a choir book,
      where each part is written on a separate portion of the page, as
      opposed to a score or keyboard reduction that we would use now.

      Thanks again,
      Isabeau
    • Heather Rose Jones
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2003
        At 2:21 PM -0400 10/6/03, <ghalstead@...> wrote:
        > > Hi folks.
        >>
        >> I am trying to track down an image mentioned in a book I am reading.
        >> The image is Johann Sadelar's engraving "St. Cecilia at Prayer." and
        >> the footnote reads "Music in Bayern. II. Ausstellungskatalog
        >> (Tutzing, 1972), catalog number 131, plate 14."
        >>
        >> Anyone have any ideas how I can track this down? I think that
        >> maybe "Ausstellungskatalog" is a journal or reference catalog. Am I
        >> right? I've done internet searches, but since I don't read German or
        > > Dutch, it's a bit difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

        >No clue on the image, but the book you're looking for appears to be:
        >
        >MÜNSTER, ROBERT; SCHMID, HANS (Hrsg.) :
        >Musik in Bayern. Band 1= Bayerische Musikgeschichte. Band 2=
        >Ausstellungskatalog. 2 Bde,
        >Tutzing, Hans Schneider Verlag, 1972, 411 S., 550 S., mit Abb., 8 ,
        >OKarton, gut erhalten.
        >
        >It's a 2 volume set, with the 2nd volume being an exhibition
        >catalog. Mu(e)nster and Schmid are the editors.
        >
        >The exhibition apparently took place in Augsburg in 1972.
        >
        >Ranulf.

        If you have access to inter-library loan, there's a copy of the
        catalog (both volumes) in the U.C. Berkeley music library.

        (If I had any idea when I might next get on campus, I'd offer to look
        it up for you.)

        Tangwystyl
        --
        *****
        Heather Rose Jones
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2003
          > If you have access to inter-library loan, there's a copy of the
          > catalog (both volumes) in the U.C. Berkeley music library.

          My friend found a copy at the Rutgers Douglas Campus. Since I'm in
          NJ, that's much closer! Thanks anyway though.

          Isabeau