Re: Pregnant Garb

  • Sunny Medlock
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2003
      If you are going Italian, I would recomend either Venetian (very high
      waisted, but very ornate) or Florentine (waist is just above the
      lower rib, and very simple) from about 1475-1500 modified for side
      lacing.

      I have also seen a book dealing with this and I am trying to find
      it. I think it might be: Maternity Fashion (The Twentieth Century-
      Histories of Fashion Series) by Doretta Davanzo Poli (Hardcover -
      April 1997). I have to go to the library to check for my self.

      Elisabetta Morosini

      --Finally back from a 2 year break--

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, ysfael@a... wrote:
      > From the lurker side of the fence...
      > When my wife was pregnant, someone suggested an Italian Ren
      (sp?)....
      > My .02,
      > Ysfael
      >
      > re-engaging cloaked mode...............
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2003
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2003
          <snip>
          For Cotes I've bookmarked this site and if it's the one I'm thinking of it
          >has an explanation of Robin Netherton's theory on "Gothic fitted dress"
          >construction with photos http://www.geocities.com/ariedin/index.html
          the site I was actually looking for is La Cotte Simple & at this address
          http://www.cottesimple.com/
          Sorry
          Elizabeth

          ----
          Elizabeth Beaumont
          MKA:
          Elizabeth Walpole
          Politarchopolis, Lochac
          ewalpole@...

          People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun
          is out, but when the darkness sets in ,their true beauty is revealed only if
          there is light from within.
          Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

          The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are added
          to the ages of other women.
          Diane de Poitiers (1499-1566) Attrib.
        • Karrissa Thayer
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 9, 2003
            Of course when I need the picture I cannot find it.

            There is a picture of a pregnant Virgin Mary in a blue gammura. She is in
            between to other people helping her lace it. One can see the lacing in both
            the front as well as the sides.

            Anabela