Re: [Authentic_SCA] St. Louis Shirt

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2003
      At 1:54 PM +0000 8/31/03, azilisarmor wrote:
      >I'm trying to make a St. Louis' Shirt for a friend, and am concerned
      >about proportion. Friend is 5 foot 4, proportioned normally.
      >Should I scale down the shirt to fit, or was Louis close to that
      >size?

      More will depend on things like chest/waist measurement than height,
      in my experience. My experience has been that, with all the
      "geometric" tunics, you're much better off working up an individual
      pattern based on the wearer's measurements, desired fit, and
      available fabric.

      The original St. Louis tunic was not particularly close-fitting, as
      far as I can tell.

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****