Re: [Authentic_SCA] eww, gross!

  • Alanfrize@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
      In a message dated 30/08/03 04:22:24 GMT Daylight Time, skud@...
      writes:

      > (I've been reading novels set during the 1348 and 1665 plagues
      > recently... great thing to read right before bedtime, huh?)

      Try reading (unless you already have it!) Kemp: A Passage at Arms by Daniel
      Hall, ISBN 0-75281-630-6. It contains a bit where Plague hits England, all too
      graphically!
      Alan

    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
        Or, a book on the topic simply titled "Plague." Sorry not to have
        the author. It was one I'd checked out at the local library a few
        years back, found fascinating in a very medically clinical sort of
        way, and recently went looking for it again, but no go. Apparently
        it had been sold at one of the library's annual book sales in the
        intervening years (books not much used may get culled to make room
        for more frequently circulated volumes. Too bad; I'd have liked to
        have got my own hands on that one.

        Yseult

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Alanfrize@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 30/08/03 04:22:24 GMT Daylight Time, skud@i...
        > writes:
        >

        > > (I've been reading novels set during the 1348 and 1665 plagues
        > > recently... great thing to read right before bedtime, huh?)
        > >

        > Try reading (unless you already have it!) Kemp: A Passage at Arms
        by Daniel
        > Hall, ISBN 0-75281-630-6. It contains a bit where Plague hits
        England, all too
        > graphically!
        > Alan

      • dparishwhittaker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
          Anyone know the mortality particulars on the London Plague of 1593?
        • Mary Bader Montgomery
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
            Or, for a more poetic, but completely eyewitness depiction, Boccacio's
            Decameron.

            MaryTaran

            At 01:05 PM 8/30/03 +0000, you wrote:
            >Or, a book on the topic simply titled "Plague." Sorry not to have
            >the author. It was one I'd checked out at the local library a few
            >years back, found fascinating in a very medically clinical sort of
            >way, and recently went looking for it again, but no go. Apparently
            >it had been sold at one of the library's annual book sales in the
            >intervening years (books not much used may get culled to make room
            >for more frequently circulated volumes. Too bad; I'd have liked to
            >have got my own hands on that one.
            >
            >Yseult
            >
            >--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Alanfrize@a... wrote:
            > > In a message dated 30/08/03 04:22:24 GMT Daylight Time, skud@i...
            > > writes:
            > >

            > > > (I've been reading novels set during the 1348 and 1665 plagues
            > > > recently... great thing to read right before bedtime, huh?)
            > > >

            > > Try reading (unless you already have it!) Kemp: A Passage at Arms
            >by Daniel
            > > Hall, ISBN 0-75281-630-6. It contains a bit where Plague hits
            >England, all too
            > > graphically!
            > > Alan

          • Achbar ibn Ali
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
              On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:20:30 -0400, you wrote:

              >OK, this is icky, but kinda fascinating:
              >
              >http://elizabethangeek.com/wiki/index.cgi?Plague
              Thanks for sharing.

              Achbar