Shoe List

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2003
      I have just created a Yahooie list for shoemaking! Why? Because I want to know evvvvverything!!

      I JUST did it, so it may not show up in searches for a bit. I will moderate the group, but I don't know much about teh subject, so I'm hoping those of who do will join up!

      Laurensa

    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2003
        W'hoo, Laurensa! Good for you, and many, many thanks!
        One more forum to add to my lists....

        Yseult
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne & Greg Stucki"
        <goofy1@s...> wrote:
        > I have just created a Yahooie list for shoemaking! Why? Because I
        want to know evvvvverything!!

        > I JUST did it, so it may not show up in searches for a bit. I will
        moderate the group, but I don't know much about teh subject, so I'm
        hoping those of who do will join up!

        > Laurensa

      • Maiti� the JOAT
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2003
          A notice about your new list was posted (not by me) to the Crispin
          Colloquy, the online forums of the Honourable Cordwainer's Company almost
          as soon as you created it. The notice was in The Crispin Colloquy: Open
          Forum: Boot and Shoes In History: Medieval Lasts.

          I do not make historical footwear (I'm having quite enough of a time
          learning to make contemporary stuff by hand), but there are a few people
          there who do, so you may be able to learn from each other.

          Laurensa wrote:
          >I have just created a Yahooie list for shoemaking! Why? Because I want to
          >know evvvvverything!!
        • Marc Carlson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Maitiú the JOAT <the_joat@b...>
            wrote:

            It was posted there by me, since I do know there are people there who
            are interested in discovering more about medieval shoes as well, and I
            figured that if this new list was going to be a serious place to
            discuss such things, those folks might be interested as well.

            Marc/Diarmaid