Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 1955

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      At 6:28 AM -0400 8/5/03, Carolin wrote:

      > >Tangwystyl wrote:
      >>
      >>**I swore an oath not to set up my own web page until the
      >>dissertation is signed off. My advisor has informed me that she's
      >>ready to sign, so it's just a matter of dragging the rest of her
      >>commentary out of her, incorporating it, and getting the result out
      >>to the rest of the committee.
      >>
      >Did someone say... dissertation?? *looking around and panicking* I
      >wanted to have mine done before Pennsic... yeah right... will not
      >happen... hopefully the week after Pennsic.... need break... now...
      >only 4 more days until Pennsic *sigh*

      Hey, I wanted to finish mine the month I turned 40. Plans are made
      to be broken. (By some twisted time-warp, I intend to fulfill this
      plan by going back and "doing 40" next year.)

      >Good luck on finishing yours, Tangwystyl! :) I still can't believe,
      >someone is actually going to give me a PhD at some point...

      Well, while I appreciate all the good thoughts, can we save the big
      congratulations for the actual sign-off? I've got to have
      _something_ left to whoop about when I add those letters after my
      name. The nice thing about my advisor saying she's _willing_ to sign
      it is that I can pretty much rule out having to do any more major
      revisions. But I need her actual comments on it more than the
      signature at this point, so I can get it to the rest of the committee.

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Heather Rose Jones