Re: -- a gem of a challenge

  • Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 87 , Aug 3, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Heather Rose Jones
      <hrjones@s...> wrote:
      > Well, it's not like I'm expecting anybody to "solve" the problem for
      > me -- just airing different issues and approaches.

      You know how it is, some people see someone not having as much "fun"
      with doing whatever their thing is that the first person is having
      with -their- thing, and want to help.

      Unfortunately, persona stuff is like authenticity - no matter how much
      someone thinks other folks might like it - it's not something you can
      force another to do, especially if they are expected to -enjoy- doing it.

      > ...currently developed would be a cross-gender role, leaving the
      > "would a woman do this?" question out of the equation.) But I'd
      > have an easier time approaching a Ren Faire gig as "theater".

      I'm not sure I understand this, but ok...

      M/D
    • Marc Carlson
      Message 87 of 87 , Aug 3, 2003