Re: Handsewing

  • Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Ran <ranvaig@c...> wrote:
      > This list has spoiled me... I'm trying to finish a gown for the Irish
      > festival Irish Living History (Columbus Oh) starting tonight.... and
      > I'm working my fingers to the bone hand sewing. Linen. *S*

      For what period? Metal needles go WAY back. The Norse had them in
      York in the 900s.

      Marc/Diarmaid
    • Theresa Brooks
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 6, 2003
        I spoke with Adhemar last night. He sends his regards to all.
        It has been a wet one so far. Bring warm stuff and things to stay dry. Looks like it will be 80 tops. Nice :) :) but I chill once I am wet, then nothing works.
        Adhemar has a head cold. :(
        So I am packing stuff for chicken soup.
        We found a hotel for 36 bucks a night (for the 4 of us) wooohoooo!
        So I leave Thursday morn.
        See you all at the Authentic meeting :)
        Safe travels all.

        Isabella