Re: [Authentic_SCA] water

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 108 , Jul 17, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: hasoferet@... <hasoferet@...>
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, July 17, 2003 2:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] water

      >In a message dated 7/16/03 7:09:44 AM, aheilvei@... writes:
      >
      ><< So while Alan and Rachel may find the tap water in England to be
      perfectly
      >drinkable, it makes sense that Elizabeth would not... >>
      >
      >How does it make sense that I would? I was born in East Los Angeles, and
      grew
      >up in San Francisco?
      >
      >R.

      I think London water tastes better than Malvern water, though not by much. I
      also taste the difference between Canberra water and Sydney water, I can
      taste chemicals in Sydney water, but I figured that was because it was a
      larger city. London water is worse than Sydney water and Malvern water is
      worse than London water. To me it's similar to the difference between buying
      spring water vs mineral water, to me Malvern water tasted like mineral water
      (I don't think it was chlorine as much as other minerals) whereas I can't
      taste the difference between spring water & Canberra tap water I know there
      must be fluoride & chlorine I just can't taste it.
      That's my reasoning for why I dislike the water in England, but you've
      probably grown up used to more minerals than I have & presuming London has
      less minerals you would find it more pleasant to drink than what you are
      used to, whereas I grew up with less minerals than London & therefore
      dislike the taste of those minerals in my water.
      Then again who knows maybe it's something completely different.
      Elizabeth

      ----
      Elizabeth Beaumont
      MKA:
      Elizabeth Walpole
      Politarchopolis, Lochac
      ewalpole@...

      People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun
      is out, but when the darkness sets in ,their true beauty is revealed only if
      there is light from within.
      Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

      The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are added
      to the ages of other women.
      Diane de Poitiers (1499-1566) Attrib.
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 108 of 108 , Jul 17, 2003