Re: Persona stuff...

  • Michael Suggs
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 16, 2003
      (trying to set the record for longest period of time between quote
      and reply)

      But why bother with the Spanish? I happen to be--erm, to know a
      certain 14th C Novgorodian trader who has been known to cheaply
      import Saffron from the Middle East...
      (now that I've got your curiosity whetted)
      This spring, I brought back 20 grams of saffron from Tashkent, for
      roughly 1/100th of the market cost. It's not the highest quality,
      granted, but it's plenty good to cook with, and with prices like
      that, enough to dye with is easy to do. :) And they're sending me
      back there this fall... Woohoo!

      There's other goodies there, too, but I'll save those for later.

      YIS,
      Mikhail Chayka Pavlov-syn Novgorodets,
      Lochmere, Atlantia
      >mka<
      Michael Suggs

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kass McGann" <historian@r...>
      wrote:
      > > > Gotta save up my pennies to buy saffron from the Spanish, don't
      I? Hee
      > hee
      > > > hee...
      > > >
      > > > Caisin
      > >
      > > Pssst. Theres cheaper dies that look the same. Save the money
      And tell