Re: [Authentic_SCA] Heian wigs

  • Stephen Higa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
      > I did not make it myself, Moshe. In my period, we would have *asked* a
      > servant with beautiful hair for a "donation".

      Ah, I see... :) I've often been asked to switch hair with people. Mine's
      very curly and people have told me that some ladies would KILL for hair like
      mine...so I watch my back. ;)

      > But in truth, I bought mine
      > at wigs.com. It's called "Cher" and I have it in 44" and 72" for special
      > ocassions.

      hee hee, okay. ;) Do you know how wigs were made back then? Were the ends
      of each individual strand of hair woven into something, or...?

      Moshe
      The earth of humankind
      contains all moistness,
      all verdancy,