Re: [Authentic_SCA] Research topic

  • Arianne de Chateaumichel
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 3, 2003
      Despina wrote:

      >If you were able to give six months or one year to a single topic and
      >research it, writing a paper at the end, what would that topic be?

      Well, it's been more than a year and I'm not sure I agree with my Laurel that it's ready
      for publication (CA) since I KNOW there's got to be more info out there, but that's about
      what I've been doing with the bliaut.

      For a new category, I think I'd have to do the French cotehardie. How it developed
      from the dalmatic, how it changed over time, and exactly what happened when the
      houppelande became THE thing to wear.

      And someday I need to actually test out my theories on the male bliaut and cotehardie.
      I've been neglecting that side of things because neither is appropriate for my husband,
      a Scot of ducal girth! There's a reason the ducal types tend to wear simply-cut roomy
      dalmatics!

      Your Servant,
      Lady Arianne de Chateaumichel

      Shire of Starhaven,
      Kingdom of Trimaris

      On the web at <http://www.chateau-michel.org>
    • Jan C. Lane
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 4, 2003
        "Bet you can find some good sites at Tynesmouth...
        Probably some middens and tips that have not been excavated yet.

        Capt Elias"

        Oooooooo! Middens! Lots of good stuff to be found there. :)

        Jannifer