RE: [Authentic_SCA] Research topic

  • Generys ferch Ednuyed
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hmm, that one's easy - 15th century "silly hats".

      Oh, and btw - if anyone cares - the initial experiment with fabric
      stiffening worked - I used Knox gelatine (as a substitute for hide glue) on
      burlap, and got a nice, stiff, lightweight material... sometime this summer
      I'm going to work with a few more period glues (fish, "real" hide, and
      cheese) and fabrics (linen instead of burlap, possibly silk as well) to see
      how these turn out.

      Generys

    • Jan C. Lane
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 4, 2003
        "Bet you can find some good sites at Tynesmouth...
        Probably some middens and tips that have not been excavated yet.

        Capt Elias"

        Oooooooo! Middens! Lots of good stuff to be found there. :)

        Jannifer