Re: Button Question

  • demontsegur
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30 7:12 AM
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "susanmrichardson"
      <susanmrichardson@h...> wrote:
      > I would love to know if it isn't too much trouble. I want to
      > move away from gowns that lace up the back and like the look of
      gowns
      > tht have buttons from the neckline to the hem. :)
      >
      > Sabine of Forth Castle

      Ah the button question, and on this list, not ageofthecotehardie...
      My confused mind focuses once again... :^)

      1) The image is in _Knights_ by Andrea Hopkins, but I'm positive it
      can be found elsewhere too. I know someone has shown it to me in a
      little book that is now obscured in my memory. Doing searches on
      Guillaume de Machaut and the illuminations that go with his music
      texts might be a start... If you like, I can scan it and send it to
      you with as much attribution as I can find. This will have to wait
      probably until Sunday, though. Just respond to me privately here so I
      have your email address.

      2) Also, if you hop on over to the ageofthecotehardie yahoogroup,
      Gwyndlyn just posted a redrawing and photo of a tomb effigy that
      portrays an overgown with buttons to the floor. It's German, from
      1368. Her photos can be found under her name in the Photos section of
      that Yahoogroup's home page.

      --Marcele