Re: [Authentic_SCA] OT digging up dead people(was: corsets)

  • hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2 3:19 PM
      In a message dated 5/2/2003 3:03:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, sismith42@... writes:

      funny you should mention this... last night, I saw a book that
      basically took people from an Italian Crypt (monks & noblity, burried
      from the 15th century to the early 20th..), and wired them up
      as "living dead".  All senses of desecration and lack of respect for
      the earthly remains of somebody's ancestors aside, this book didn't
      seem to have many bodies displayed from the 15th or 16th centuries*
      :( Some interesting 19th century costumes were preseted, though.

      Stefania

      *as far as I could tell.  the guys wraped in cloth could have been
      from anytime, but I doubt people wore what basically ammounted to a
      sheet wraped around, holding the arms & legs together...

      Uhhh...I'm aware that there are European churches where the dead are displayed decoratively, but I was raised in a tradition where you put them in the ground and leave them there. Doing my best not to shudder and twitch.

      Raquel