Re: [Authentic_SCA] Clogs

  • Kristen Dahle
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 26, 2003
      Were pattens worn in the 13th C? I have a pair of flat, hinged pattens that
      I made in a few hours, and they're not much harder to walk in than the
      Birkenstocks I usually live in. The wooden bottom can be a bit slick on
      some surfaces, but gravel isn't an issue. Because the pattens have to
      support the insoles in my turnshoes (I have flat feet), I had to cut them
      wider through the middle of the foot than the ones shown in the MOL book.

      Pax,
      Elisa

      --

      The worst, I've found, are sites with paved roads with gravel strewn
      randomly around on them. I personally have never had problems with