feedback

  • Sarah Michele Ford
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 1, 2003
      On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, zareheh kevorkian wrote:

      > Hey, if you get the hang of that feedback thing, can you share the
      > tricks with us? Feedback is always good, how else can you learn? Great
      > job people!

      Hrm... tricks to giving feedback, or to receiving it? :^) In terms of
      giving, I tried to translate what I do when grading student papers to the
      comments section of the scoring sheet. :^) Made a real strong effort to
      make suggestions for how to improve rather than just saying what was
      wrong. That way there's at least the potential for learning. Just saying
      "this is what you did wrong" with no suggestions for how to fix it doesn't
      do anybody any good.

      Keep in mind that I had the luxury of only judging one category, in which
      there was only one entry. So I had plenty of time to write voluminous
      comments.

      Alianor de R.

      Sarah Michele Ford
      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
      Illusion is the general rule of the universe;
      reality is but an exception.
      --Jean Baudrillard
    • Alex Doyle
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 7, 2004

        > And on a slightly different topic, how does one compliment someone
        > on their garb without sounding condescending about it?

        How about just saying what you like about it? Like I love that blue or your gown fits so nicely or I love your veil. Is there a need to point out that others don't bother?

        Of course my favorite is when someone reconizes my inspiration art from my gown and says so.

        Alex