Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 1660

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 55 , Mar 25, 2003
      In a message dated 3/24/2003 4:55:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      :) Stefania, who's glad she lives in Drachenwald &hopes she doesn't
      ever move to a place that has more than the basic sumptuary laws

      Live in the East.  We haven't any (well, other than the coronet shapes and the white belt for knights things that are Society wide).  Some kingdoms have quite a number, and some of them make it very difficult to do authentic clothing - like the kingdoms that say you can't wear ANYTHING metal on your head until you have an award of arms.  That can really mess up doing some of the authentic headdresses...

      Brangwayna
    • Satine De La Courcel
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 28, 2005
        The Courtesans in Venice wore Pearls even though they were strictly for
        nobility and clergy.. the fine for doing such an act is compared to todays
        speeding tickets... you generally pay the fine but Keep speeding... the
        Courtesans paid their fines and wore pearls anyway.

        Satine
        Pearls enthisuast