Re: [Authentic_SCA] Digest Number 1593

  • Eoconll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      In a message dated 2/25/2003 5:03:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      I'd probably wait until after she's presented it and a couple of weeks
      after the event.  If she worked that hard on it, I'm sure that she's proud
      of her work and to have someone tell her "it's not period" at the moment
      it's ready to go is an icky thing.  Everyone has a right to have a moment
      of pride with what they've accomplished.  Being able to look back is
      something we all do.  But we are no less proud of what we accomplished
      before we understood it was 'wrong'.

      Let her have her moment.  Tell  her afterward.  Then she can decide to tell
      the Baroness in her own way.  I'm sure that the work is very well done and
      that she has good reason to be proud of it.

      Smiles,
      Despina

             Thank you for your gracious reply to my question.  I took your advice and didn't tell Rachel.  Then I discovered that she had presented the headdress to Baroness Luceia during the EKU on the 15th, because she couldn't wait any longer.  The Baroness loved it,  and graciously wore it Saturday at the Barony's Crystal Snowflake Ball.  It fit beautifully under the Baroness's coronet.  Rachel was already aware tha it was not period.  Someone apparently told her at EKU, hopefully diplomatically, that it was'nt period.  But she got some orders for some, so all turned out very well.  Thank you again for the good advice!  -AEdh macDarach