Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Courtly love for teens

  • Dianne and Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 3, 2003
      > You really had to see it the first weekend it came out -- before all
      > the hype, before the Selene Deon song made you want to do
      > bloody murder.

      My poor DH was working at a top-40 radio station when that song came out.
      Every afternoon, as soon as all the pre-teen girls got out of school, they
      bombarded him with requests for that song. He had to play it twice in every
      five hour shift.

      I developed the habit of leaping to turn the radio off for at least five
      minutes every time it played. ..shudder.....that and " I Will Always Love
      You" ( the Whitney version) make me want to rip my ears off!!

      Laurensa
    • Sarah Michele Ford
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 3, 2003
        On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Kass McGann <historian@...> wrote:

        > Hey Alianor! Missed you at the beer show! (ask Mataias)

        Yeah, he told me. I realized too late that I should've gotten in touch
        with SCAdian folks and made y'all entertain me on Saturday night. Instead
        I watched Saturday Night Fever on VH1. :^)

        Alianor de R

        Sarah Michele Ford
        Illusion is the general rule of the universe;
        reality is but an exception.
        --Jean Baudrillard