Re: looking russain recipes

  • Melanie A. Unruh-Bays <eirenetz@attbi.co
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "captmurdock2375
      <captmurdock2375@y...>" <captmurdock2375@y...> wrote:
      > hello
      >
      > I am looking for Russian recipes that I could perpare at camp.
      > anyone have any good recipes????
      >

      > Tsara

      Authentic period ones? The Domestroi, although not a cookbook, does
      have some information on what Russians ate in our period. Not having
      done the research, I'm not sure what's in there, but I do know that
      it's probably the best source for what Russians ate at the end of our
      period of study.

      BTW, borscht can be made peri-oid, and it's still yummy. Not
      documentable, but good for camping. Make it in advance, and heat it
      up on-site.

      Eirene
      (so much to look up.... so little time...)