Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: SCA and guns - and other weapons

  • luann.mason@juno.com
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 4, 2003
      On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:09:17 -0000 "mastergunner1588
      <cannoneer@...>" <cannoneer@...> writes:

      It's about this time of year that many of us are heading
      > the closet to bury our heads in the re-enactment kit and breathe the
      >
      > combination of wood smoke and powder smoke. Luckily, I've got a
      > muster in New Hampshire this weekend. I'll get my winter fix of
      > straw, canvas, fire and smoke. Black powder and adrenaline- best
      > high in the world.

      WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

      We don't play again till April, and you just made me miss it all over
      again!!!!

      LuAnn who thinks sewing overalls and shell jackets isn't quite the same
      thing AT ALL!
    • Kass McGann <historian@reconstructinghis
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 5, 2003
        > And Pennsic happens during the ragweed season. When I was a kid,
        my
        > family went to the seashore just to get away from the ragweed; my
        dad
        > was horribly allergic to the stuff.

        That's not a bad idea...

        Ragweed season starts about two weeks later here in Eastern PA. The
        first time I went to Pennsic, I didn't know this and I was miserable
        for four days because I didn't think to bring meds with me.

        The second time I went, it was that hideously hot summer when we had
        almost no rain. The ragweed died before it had a change to get
        airborn. =)

        Kass