Re: SCA and guns was Discussion list

  • wodeford <wodeford@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 3, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Chiara Fagni/Kiara/Ciar
      <kiarapanther1@y...> wrote:

      > How interesting. Having been in the SCA for over 10 years now, I
      associate most of the people I know as being pro-NRA as being in the
      SCA.

      Current West Kingdom law prohibits the use of fireworks, gunpowder
      and other explosive materials at events:
      http://www.westkingdom.org/library/law.html

      Go to Article V Section 9 for specifics.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • Kass McGann <historian@reconstructinghis
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 5, 2003
        > And Pennsic happens during the ragweed season. When I was a kid,
        my
        > family went to the seashore just to get away from the ragweed; my
        dad
        > was horribly allergic to the stuff.

        That's not a bad idea...

        Ragweed season starts about two weeks later here in Eastern PA. The
        first time I went to Pennsic, I didn't know this and I was miserable
        for four days because I didn't think to bring meds with me.

        The second time I went, it was that hideously hot summer when we had
        almost no rain. The ragweed died before it had a change to get
        airborn. =)

        Kass