Re: Discussion list?

  • Lena Strid
    Message 1 of 129 , Feb 3, 2003
      LuAnn wrote:

      >> Yeah, but I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that nobody ever went
      >> to Gettysburg dressed as Queen Lucy of Narnia.
      >
      > Wanna bet? ;-P As a veteran of 135th Gettysburg, let me assure you
      > there were some pretty strange get-ups that had NOTHING to do with
      > history as we know it.... Did I mention the "lady" in the black leather
      > corset and bullwhip????????

      *pictures a woman wearing _nothing but_ a black leather corset and a bullwhip in the middle of
      all re-enactors and "normal" public*
      *tries in vain to delete image from brain*

      Lena

      Melanie tried to think herself into an attitude of proper horror as she envisaged the perils of
      being turned into a were-spaniel, but the phrase "blissfully uncomplicated lifestyle" kept
      intruding.
      LoP, ch 5

      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 7, 2003
        At 09:32 PM 2/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

        >One of my very few complaints about the SCA is that this outfit has
        >totally ruined my sense of wonder at seeing people in archaic dress.

        Ah, but it has greatly improved my appreciation for those who do it
        correctly. Those who wear proper clothing and have the proper deportment
        for the clothing/time/area they are representing are more of a joy for me
        now. YMMV.

        Smiles,
        Despina