Re: Discussion list?

  • Kass McGann <historian@reconstructinghis
    Message 1 of 129 , Feb 3 12:29 PM
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Cavanaugh
      <lscavanaugh@e...> wrote:
      > LOL! I'm glad that they don't inflict themselves only on the SCA.
      The
      > re-enactor groups do have standards, however, and I assume that
      this
      > includes procedures for removing such offenders? Or was this lady
      part
      > of the 'viewing public'?

      I can't answer for LuAnn, but my experiences have all been with
      members of the public who mistake a reenactment for a Ren Faire and
      decide to come "in costume".

      I certainly don't mind someone "dressing funny" on my time. Your
      fashion choices are your own business.

      It's when they start talking to the public (or the TV cameras) in
      lieu of us that boils my blood.

      You don't take your saxaphone to a concert and start playing along
      with the band, know what I mean?

      Kass
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 7 6:01 AM
        At 09:32 PM 2/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

        >One of my very few complaints about the SCA is that this outfit has
        >totally ruined my sense of wonder at seeing people in archaic dress.

        Ah, but it has greatly improved my appreciation for those who do it
        correctly. Those who wear proper clothing and have the proper deportment
        for the clothing/time/area they are representing are more of a joy for me
        now. YMMV.

        Smiles,
        Despina