Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Discussion list?

  • Laurie Cavanaugh
    Message 1 of 129 , Feb 3, 2003
      LOL! I'm glad that they don't inflict themselves only on the SCA. The
      re-enactor groups do have standards, however, and I assume that this
      includes procedures for removing such offenders? Or was this lady part
      of the 'viewing public'?

      Morgan Athenry

      luann.mason@... wrote:

      >Wanna bet? ;-P As a veteran of 135th Gettysburg, let me assure you
      >there were some pretty strange get-ups that had NOTHING to do with
      >history as we know it.... Did I mention the "lady" in the black leather
      >corset and bullwhip????????
      >
      >LuAnn

    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 7, 2003
        At 09:32 PM 2/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

        >One of my very few complaints about the SCA is that this outfit has
        >totally ruined my sense of wonder at seeing people in archaic dress.

        Ah, but it has greatly improved my appreciation for those who do it
        correctly. Those who wear proper clothing and have the proper deportment
        for the clothing/time/area they are representing are more of a joy for me
        now. YMMV.

        Smiles,
        Despina