Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Discussion list?

  • luann.mason@juno.com
    Message 1 of 129 , Feb 3, 2003
      On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:39:25 -0000 "wodeford <wodeford@...>"
      <wodeford@...> writes:
      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kass McGann <historian@r...>"
      >
      > <historian@r...> wrote:
      >
      > > Different goals, different rules, different problems.
      > Yeah, but I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that nobody ever went
      >
      > to Gettysburg dressed as Queen Lucy of Narnia.

      Wanna bet? ;-P As a veteran of 135th Gettysburg, let me assure you
      there were some pretty strange get-ups that had NOTHING to do with
      history as we know it.... Did I mention the "lady" in the black leather
      corset and bullwhip????????

      LuAnn
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 7, 2003
        At 09:32 PM 2/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

        >One of my very few complaints about the SCA is that this outfit has
        >totally ruined my sense of wonder at seeing people in archaic dress.

        Ah, but it has greatly improved my appreciation for those who do it
        correctly. Those who wear proper clothing and have the proper deportment
        for the clothing/time/area they are representing are more of a joy for me
        now. YMMV.

        Smiles,
        Despina