Re: [Authentic_SCA] embroidery and flying

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 27, 2003
      At 11:27 AM -0600 1/27/03, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:
      >At 12:06 PM 1/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >
      >>Does anyone know if you can take embroidery stuff on plane flights still
      >>or is that a no-no.
      >
      >You can. You cannot bring pointed scissors. Your scissors need blunted
      >ends to be able to go into the cabin with you- though they are allowed in
      >stowed baggage.
      >
      >I had a stewardess ask me to put away my pins and needles before the flight
      >and while landing though. Don't know what she thought was going to happen
      >while we sat on the tarmac or were going into the air....

      That was probably just ordinary safety precautions -- taking off and
      landing are the most likely times for extreme turbulence (to say
      nothing of other, more drastic, unexpected movements), hence the
      reason for obligatory seatbelts during those times, and likely also
      precautions about objects that might be dangerous if flying randomly
      about the cabin.

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****