Reference Material

  • Gomez Addams <GomezY3K@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2003
      I imagine most of you know about these books but for those who
      don't; I have found them to be helpful. Osprey Publishing
      http://www.osprey-publishing.co.uk/ has numerous books on about all
      periods of military life. One book, "English Longbowman 1330-1515"
      has some excellant drawings of the clothes, shoes, hats, armor,
      weapons and equipment that was used by them. The others that I have
      are ""Saxon, Viking, and Norman" "Armies of Medieval Burgundy 1364-
      1477" "Agincourt 1415" "The Swiss at War 1300-1500" "German Medieval
      Armies 1300-1500" "The Normans" "The Vikings" and I intend to order
      some others. I order them through my local Hobby Shop. The War
      Gamers use them for information to paint thier miniatures and they
      have quite a bit of information in them.

      For the Sword fighters, I have a couple of books "Medieval
      Swordsmanship Illustrated Methods and Techniques" and "Renaissance
      Swordsmanship The Illustrated Use of Rapiers and Cut-and-Thrust
      Swords" both by John CLements. They go through a history of swords,
      shields and some pole arms and show actual drawings from the Medieval
      manuals of Techniques on fighting with and against these weapons. I
      bought mine at a Gun and Knife Show but I believe Paladin Press sells
      them.