15th century English Name List, info on rents, etc

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2003
      Poking around on the Jorvik Viking Center site, I came across a link to the York Archaeological Trust.  On that site, I found they have put up a transcription of the surviving 15th century Bridgemasters rolls!  It can be found below:

      http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/bridgemasters/

      The bridgemasters were responsible for collecting rents for and maintaining houses in York, and also for a chantry on the Foss bridge; there are thousands of names, a long list of occupations, and the accounts themselves, dealing with rents, costs for repairs, etc.!

      Brangwayna Morgan