dress and appearance

  • charles barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      We have an unusual tradition here of houses having 12th night parties from
      the 26th till as many houses want to have them are done, usually till the
      6th or 7th or so. We've has such OOP themes as Champagne and Roses (we had
      everything from modern tuxes to turn of the century coats and women in full
      evening dresses.
      The theme for my 12th night party was wild kingdom and I dressed up as
      Marlin perkins and some of my guests included people dressed as the hunter
      from jumanji, the hunter from jurasic park and that was just a few of the
      lunatics. Lets face it we just like to play dressup.
      Mad Man Mingo

      Message: 18
      Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 10:59:46 -0500
      From: Steven Proctor <sproctor@...>
      Subject: Re: Shoes

      Why feel sorry for us? I had a very good time and felt quite
      elegant in
      my double breasted dinner jacket at New Years. Copper/black silk
      foulard
      waistcoat, and black satin tie.... I was quite stylish.

      If gentlemen are uncomfortable in dinner jackets it's because
      they are
      either unaccustomed to them, or wearing badly made ones. Or
      possibly
      both... :-D

      Ta

      Adhemar
      ...turned a head or two, as well, I did...

      Domingo de la Vega (&tc) OL
      Baron of Tir Ysgithr
      Charles A. Barnes