Re: [Authentic_SCA] Modern jackets

  • Cannoneer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
      At 10:04 AM 01/02/2003 -0600, you wrote:
      > Most men today are programmed that
      >they shouldn't like to 'dress up' and so they fuss and try not to do
      >so. It's a pity for them. Now, the ones like Adhemar and Bogdan, who know
      >what to wear and how to wear it, more power to them; their sort will
      >usually turn heads and get lots of attention!

      I don't think that's neccesarily the case. I rather prefer to think that
      men now have a better sense that it's what you're doing that counts, not
      how you look while you're doing it. Yes, there are times to dress, but
      they are rare. I'm
      most comfortable in garb. After that, fleece, wool, and Gortex for hiking,
      hill climbing and, backpacking. On the rare occasions that a jacket might
      be needed, tweeds and cords are as far as I'll go. probably comes from my
      family background of Yorkshire farmers.

      >Sounds like you were spiff, darling Baron! Wish I could have seen it.

      I did and yes, he looked great. I just don't like wearing a noose around
      my neck.

      >Smiles,
      >Despina de la loves it when a man is comfortable in his clothes

      Rod (proud not to own a suit)

      Roderic Hawkyns
      Master Gunner

      Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl
    • Theresa Brooks
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2003
        Please do speak to your retainer about that. What was the point of me buying him that digital camera for Christmas if he only takes it to work!!!

        Isabella

        > Sounds like you were spiff, darling Baron!  Wish I could have
        seen it.

        There are, alas, no pictures...

        Ta

        Adhemar