Re: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fw: Knowne World Dance and Music Symposium

  • marshamclean@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
      Awww. She called me "muffin."

      Gaius de la not just "a" herald, but "the" herald. In the West, anyway.

      --- marshamclean@... wrote:
      > Silly muffin.  That's what you get for being a herald.
      >
      > Madinia, with heraldic issues.
      >
      > Figures.
      >
      > Same weekend as Known World Heraldic Symposium, which I have to attend.
      >
      > Dang.
      >
      > Gaius
      > Vesper Principal Herald

      <HR>

      <tt>
      Figures.<BR>
      <BR>
      Same weekend as Known World Heraldic Symposium, which I have to attend.<BR>
      <BR>
      Dang.<BR>
      <BR>
      Gaius<BR>
      Vesper Principal Herald<BR>
      <BR>
      --- &quot;Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil&quot; &lt;aheilvei@...&gt; wrote:<BR>
      &gt; <BR>
      &gt; &gt;Greetings to the Dancers and Musicians of the Known World!<BR>
      &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>
      &gt; &gt; &gt; The Fourth Known World Dance and Music Symposium will be held in the <BR>
      &gt; &gt; Kingdom of Ansteorra by the College of Threebridges, June 6-8, 2003. <BR>
      &gt; &gt; Mundanely, the University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas.<BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      =====<BR>
      -&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      We pray for one last tourney<BR>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      In the land we love the best<BR>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      Near the Bay that lies 'neath misty skies<BR>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      In the Kingdom of the West<BR>
      <BR>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      -with apologies to R.A. Heinlien<BR>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      and &quot;Noisy&quot; Rhysling<BR>
      </tt>

      <tt>
      <BR>
      </tt>

      <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
      href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>

      =====
      -                                 We pray for one last tourney
                                         In the land we love the best
                                   Near the Bay that lies 'neath misty skies
                                         In the Kingdom of the West

                                       -with apologies to R.A. Heinlien
                                               and "Noisy" Rhysling

    • GR Auklandus
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
        Awwwwww....

        > <evil grin> Now, some other heralds, even "the herald"s,
        > well...
        But, we LIKE Ahdemar! And he's (almost?) a "the herald."

        But it does explain the "heraldic issues" thingie.

        > Madinia de la overwhelmed and procrastinating
        Yup. Me too. <whipcrack!> Back to work.

        Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?
      • Steven Proctor
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
          GR Auklandus wrote:

          > --- marshamclean@... wrote:
          > > <arches eyebrow> I like you.
          > Awwwwww....

          Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D

          > But, we LIKE Ahdemar! And he's (almost?) a "the herald."

          Not even almost, at this point. Brigantia is not to be me...

          > But it does explain the "heraldic issues" thingie.

          With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able to
          deal with heraldic issues, no?

          > Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?

          Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D

          Ta

          Adhemar

          --
          Having opened my 40th birthday present from my husband - a kitchen
          window fan - and now on my way to the bakery to pick up my cake, I

          GH/TW$ d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@
          DI++ D G e h r* y*** y++ k++ !f X+
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@s...> wrote:
            > GR Auklandus wrote:
            > Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D

            A photo of Gaius looking butch is in my Photo Album at
            http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/authentic_sca/vwp?.dir=/Jehanne%
            27s+Photos&.src=gr&.dnm=Gaius+Looking+Butch.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%
            3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/authentic_sca/lst%3f%
            26.dir=/Jehanne%2527s%2bPhotos%26.src=gr%26.view=t

            OK everyone, back on your heads.

            Jehanne
          • GR Auklandus
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
              --- Steven Proctor <sproctor@...> wrote:
              > Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D
              I've BEEN a cat toy before. I liked it!

              > > But it does explain the "heraldic issues" thingie.
              >
              > With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able to
              > deal with heraldic issues, no?
              Maybe. You're assuming this is logical. (Illogical heralds? Naaahhhhhh!)

              > > Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?
              >
              > Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D
              > Ta
              >
              > Adhemar

              Gaius

              Yup. <GRIN>
            • marshamclean@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
                  --- Steven Proctor <sproctor@...> wrote:
                  > Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D
                  I've BEEN a cat toy before. I liked it!

                  > > But it does explain the "heraldic issues" thingie.
                  >
                  > With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able to
                  > deal with heraldic issues, no?
                  Maybe. You're assuming this is logical. (Illogical heralds? Naaahhhhhh!)

                  > > Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?
                  >
                  > Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D
                  > Ta
                  >
                  > Adhemar

                  Gaius

                  Yup. <GRIN>

                • Steven Proctor
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
                    OOooooooo! Promise?!

                    Ta

                    Adhemar

                    ...Have you minions call my minions...

                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002

                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
                        Huh. I thought "snookums" applied to peers. Not minions.

                        Gaius

                        --- marshamclean@... wrote:
                        > Call them what? Snookums?
                        >
                        > Madinia
                        > >
                        > > From: Steven Proctor <sproctor@...>
                        > > OOooooooo! Promise?!
                        >
                        > Ta
                        >
                        > Adhemar
                        >
                        > ...Have you minions call my minions...

                        <HR>

                        <tt>
                        OOooooooo! Promise?!<BR>
                        <BR>
                        Ta<BR>
                        <BR>
                        Adhemar<BR>
                        <BR>
                        ...Have you minions call my minions...<BR>
                        <BR>
                        <BR>
                        <BR>
                        <BR>
                        marshamclean@... wrote:<BR>
                        <BR>
                        >  Adhemar, you could be next...<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > Madinia<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        > > From: GR Auklandus <vsct_caius@...><BR>
                        > > Date: 2002/12/03 Tue PM 02:44:57 EST<BR>
                        > > To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com<BR>
                        > > Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fw: Knowne World Dance and Music<BR>
                        > Symposium<BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        ><BR>
                        ><BR>

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<BR>

                        ADVERTISEMENT<BR>
                        <BR>
                        <BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > > Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D<BR>
                        > I've BEEN a cat toy before. I liked it!<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > > > But it does explain the "heraldic issues" thingie.<BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        > > With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able to<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > > deal with heraldic issues, no?<BR>
                        > Maybe. You're assuming this is logical. (Illogical heralds?<BR>
                        > Naaahhhhhh!)<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > > > Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?<BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        > > Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D<BR>
                        > > Ta<BR>
                        > ><BR>
                        > > Adhemar<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > Gaius<BR>
                        ><BR>
                        > Yup. <GRIN><BR>
                        ><BR>
                        ><BR>
                        ><BR>
                        ><BR>
                        <BR>
                        --<BR>
                        Having opened my 40th birthday present from my husband - a kitchen<BR>
                        window fan - and now on my way to the bakery to pick up my cake, I<BR>
                        started thinking: What if I get hit in this intersection, and, struck<BR>
                        with amnesia, I hobble to the edge of the highway, hungry and confused,<BR>
                        and am picked up by a lonely trucker headed for McDonald's and since I<BR>
                        have no memory, I've forgotten I hate McDonald's, so I hop in, and he -<BR>
                        just thankful for the company - figures I'm a middle aged housewife<BR>
                        looking for love in all the wrong places and he's got several of them?<BR>
                        <BR>
                        GH/TW$ d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@<BR>
                        DI++ D G e h r* y*** y++ k++ !f X+<BR>

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002

                          --- marshamclean@... wrote:
                          > Call them what?  Snookums?
                          >
                          > Madinia
                          > >
                          > > From: Steven Proctor <sproctor@...>
                          > > OOooooooo! Promise?!
                          >
                          > Ta
                          >
                          > Adhemar
                          >
                          > ...Have you minions call my minions...

                          <HR>

                          <tt>
                          OOooooooo! Promise?!<BR>
                          <BR>
                          Ta<BR>
                          <BR>
                          Adhemar<BR>
                          <BR>
                          ...Have you minions call my minions...<BR>
                          <BR>
                          <BR>
                          <BR>
                          <BR>
                          marshamclean@... wrote:<BR>
                          <BR>
                          &gt;&nbsp; Adhemar, you could be next...<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; Madinia<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; From: GR Auklandus &lt;vsct_caius@...&gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Date: 2002/12/03 Tue PM 02:44:57 EST<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fw: Knowne World Dance and Music<BR>
                          &gt; Symposium<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<BR>
                          &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                          ADVERTISEMENT<BR>
                          <BR>
                          <BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; ----------------------------------------------------<BR>
                          &gt; This is the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR>
                          &gt; To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
                          &gt; authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of<BR>
                          &gt; Service.--- Steven Proctor &lt;sproctor@...&gt; wrote:<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D<BR>
                          &gt; I've BEEN a cat toy before. I liked it!<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; &gt; But it does explain the &quot;heraldic issues&quot; thingie.<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able to<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; deal with heraldic issues, no?<BR>
                          &gt; Maybe. You're assuming this is logical. (Illogical heralds?<BR>
                          &gt; Naaahhhhhh!)<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; &gt; Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Ta<BR>
                          &gt; &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; &gt; Adhemar<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; Gaius<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; Yup. &lt;GRIN&gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; ----------------------------------------------------<BR>
                          &gt; This is the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR>
                          &gt; To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
                          &gt; authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt;<BR>
                          &gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.<BR>

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
                            Ah. OK.

                            I'm real cute (tm).

                            But far away.

                            <GRIN>

                            Gaius

                            --- marshamclean@... wrote:
                            > <shrug> Depends how cute they are.
                            >
                            > Madinia
                            > >
                            > > From: GR Auklandus <vsct_caius@...>
                            > > Huh. I thought "snookums" applied to peers. Not minions.
                            >
                            > Gaius

                            <HR>

                            <tt>
                            Huh. I thought "snookums" applied to peers. Not minions.<BR>
                            <BR>
                            Gaius<BR>
                            <BR>
                            --- marshamclean@... wrote:<BR>
                            href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a> <BR>
                            > <BR>
                            > <BR>
                            <HR><BR>
                            <BR>
                            <BR>
                            <tt><BR>
                            OOooooooo! Promise?!<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            Ta<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            Adhemar<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            ...Have you minions call my minions...<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            marshamclean@... wrote:<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            &gt;&nbsp; Adhemar, you could be next...<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Madinia<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; From: GR Auklandus &lt;vsct_caius@...&gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Date: 2002/12/03 Tue PM 02:44:57 EST<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fw: Knowne World Dance and
                            Music<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Symposium<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<BR><BR>
                            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
                            ADVERTISEMENT<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; ----------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>
                            &gt; This is the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR><BR>
                            &gt; To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR><BR>
                            &gt; authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Service.--- Steven Proctor &lt;sproctor@...&gt;
                            wrote:<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Cats like their toys, Gaius... be warned... :-D<BR><BR>
                            &gt; I've BEEN a cat toy before. I liked it!<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; &gt; But it does explain the &quot;heraldic issues&quot;
                            thingie.<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; With the number of clever heralds on this list, we should be able
                            to<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; deal with heraldic issues, no?<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Maybe. You're assuming this is logical. (Illogical heralds?<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Naaahhhhhh!)<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; &gt; Gaius de la have you seen the muffin man?<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Oh, yeah. You're SOOOO butch..... :-D<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Ta<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; &gt; Adhemar<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Gaius<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Yup. &lt;GRIN&gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; ----------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>
                            &gt; This is the Authentic SCA eGroup<BR><BR>
                            &gt; To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR><BR>
                            &gt; authentic_SCA-unsubscribe@egroups.com<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt;<BR><BR>
                            &gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                            Service.<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            --<BR><BR>
                            Having opened my 40th birthday present from my husband - a kitchen<BR><BR>
                            window fan - and now on my way to the bakery to pick up my cake, I<BR><BR>
                            started thinking: What if I get hit in this intersection, and, struck<BR><BR>
                            with amnesia, I hobble to the edge of the highway, hungry and confused,<BR><BR>
                            and am picked up by a lonely trucker headed for McDonald's and since I<BR><BR>
                            have no memory, I've forgotten I hate McDonald's, so I hop in, and he -<BR><BR>
                            just thankful for the company - figures I'm a middle aged housewife<BR><BR>
                            looking for love in all the wrong places and he's got several of them?<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            GH/TW$ d+@ s:++ a C+ W++ N++ K- w+ M- PS+ PE Y+ t- 5++ X R+@ tv- b+++@<BR><BR>
                            DI++ D G e h r* y*** y++ k++ !f X+<BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            </tt><BR>
                            <BR>
                            <BR>
                            <BR>
                            <BR>
                            <BR>
                            <tt><BR>
                            <BR><BR>
                            </tt><BR>
                            <BR>
                            <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a<BR>
                            href="<a
                            href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a>">Yahoo!
                            Terms of Service</a>.</tt><BR>