RE: [Authentic_SCA] catapult fling

  • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
      Well, yeah, we'd need some waivers....  Wouldn't want to do anything crazy here....

      Apollonia

      Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi
      Kingdom of Atlantia
      www.livejournal.com/users/apollonia

      **Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.**

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
        NO problem there. I have a trebuchet! It can fling about 300 lbs several
        dozen yards . . . .

        Gerita, grinning

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
          wrote:
          > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
          > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
          > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
          > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
          > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
          > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
          > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

          That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
          with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks Victorian
          to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->

          Jehanne
        • borderlands15213
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:
            > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
            > > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
            > > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
            > > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
            > > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
            > > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
            > > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh
            >
            > That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
            > with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks
            Victorian
            > to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->
            >
            > Jehanne

            Does sound pretty, Jehanne.
            Yseult
          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "borderlands15213" <borderlands15213@y...>
              wrote:
              > Does sound pretty, Jehanne.

              It is, gold tone plaques with lots of tiny green stones in a sort of
              floral looking setting. But definitely not medieval. ;->

              J.