catapult fling

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
      At 11:07 AM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >I think, for a boss, I'd much rather use a catapult. That way, there's no
      >chance they'd get stuck between the torsion arms...

      Careful about that, evidently catapult flinging of humans is considered a
      type of sport... and not always survivable.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2510573.stm

      Despina de la some people's children make Darwin look like he was on to
      someting......
    • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
        Well, yeah, we'd need some waivers....  Wouldn't want to do anything crazy here....

        Apollonia

        Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi
        Kingdom of Atlantia
        www.livejournal.com/users/apollonia

        **Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.**

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
          NO problem there. I have a trebuchet! It can fling about 300 lbs several
          dozen yards . . . .

          Gerita, grinning

          > I think, for a boss, I'd much rather use a catapult. That way, there's no
          > chance they'd get stuck between the torsion arms...
          >
          > ;)
          >
          > Apollonia
          >
          > Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi
          > Kingdom of Atlantia
          > www.livejournal.com/users/apollonia
          >
          > **Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
          > immane mittam.**

        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
            wrote:
            > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
            > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
            > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
            > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
            > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
            > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
            > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

            That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
            with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks Victorian
            to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->

            Jehanne
          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:
              > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
              > > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
              > > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
              > > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
              > > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
              > > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
              > > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh
              >
              > That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
              > with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks
              Victorian
              > to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->
              >
              > Jehanne

              Does sound pretty, Jehanne.
              Yseult
            • wodeford
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "borderlands15213" <borderlands15213@y...>
                wrote:
                > Does sound pretty, Jehanne.

                It is, gold tone plaques with lots of tiny green stones in a sort of
                floral looking setting. But definitely not medieval. ;->

                J.