RE: [Authentic_SCA] "Medieval" music box

  • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
      I could probably fling it from my ballista, as soon as I get the ropes fixed....

      :)

      Apollonia

      Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi
      Kingdom of Atlantia
      www.livejournal.com/users/apollonia

      **Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.**

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
        <apollonia@...> wrote:
        > I could probably fling it from my ballista, as soon
        > as I get the ropes
        > fixed....
        >
        > :)

        You may have stumbled onto a nice little business
        here! What would you charge to fling my boss from
        your ballista? ;-)

        Joan the Harper

        =====
        "And she'd had lucky eyes and a high heart, and wisdom that caught fire, at need, like the dried flax and made her beautiful and fierce, sudden and laughing."
        [My favorite line of poetry in the world, from Yeats' "The Old Age of Queen Maeve."]

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz

          You may have stumbled onto a nice little business
          here!  What would you charge to fling my boss from
          your ballista?  ;-)

          Joan the Harper

        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
            At 11:07 AM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
            >I think, for a boss, I'd much rather use a catapult. That way, there's no
            >chance they'd get stuck between the torsion arms...

            Careful about that, evidently catapult flinging of humans is considered a
            type of sport... and not always survivable.

            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2510573.stm

            Despina de la some people's children make Darwin look like he was on to
            someting......
          • Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
                NO problem there. I have a trebuchet! It can fling about 300 lbs several
                dozen yards . . . .

                Gerita, grinning

                > I think, for a boss, I'd much rather use a catapult. That way, there's no
                > chance they'd get stuck between the torsion arms...
                >
                > ;)
                >
                > Apollonia
                >
                > Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi
                > Kingdom of Atlantia
                > www.livejournal.com/users/apollonia
                >
                > **Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
                > immane mittam.**

              • wodeford
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
                  > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
                  > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
                  > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
                  > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
                  > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
                  > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

                  That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
                  with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks Victorian
                  to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->

                  Jehanne
                • borderlands15213
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Joan Hall <joan_the_harpist1119@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > I try not to apply SCA standards to mundane things,
                    > > truly I do! But Geez Louise!!! I was just browsing
                    > > through one of those up-scale Christmas gifts catalogs
                    > > and was excited to see the words "Medieval Music Box".
                    > > It was a Faberge-style egg which plays Rachmaninoff's
                    > > "Variations on a Theme by Paganini."
                    > > aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh
                    >
                    > That's OK, as a birthday gift my mother sent me a bracelet inlaid
                    > with green stones that she thought "looked medieval." Looks
                    Victorian
                    > to me, but I'm not going to tell HER that. ;->
                    >
                    > Jehanne

                    Does sound pretty, Jehanne.
                    Yseult
                  • wodeford
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 2, 2002
                      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "borderlands15213" <borderlands15213@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > Does sound pretty, Jehanne.

                      It is, gold tone plaques with lots of tiny green stones in a sort of
                      floral looking setting. But definitely not medieval. ;->

                      J.