Re: [Authentic_SCA] new book on Greenland textiles!!

  • Gwendoline Rosamond
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I realize this is very late - I sorting through this mass of unread
      email. Anyway this is the book I mentioned awhile back. The problem with
      the English version is Dr. Oestergaard is having trouble getting the
      funding for the English translation which despite previous rumors keeps
      getting set back. When the book is published in English it is planned to
      be a limited edition run of 700. Also, I have heard from a different
      source closely involved with Dr. Oestergaard that the title listed below is
      is actually incorrect. I have managed to forget what is but I will pass it
      along when I have the info IIRC it is something like "Woven from the Earth:
      Textile Finds from Norse Greenland." As soon as it goes to print in
      English I will let you all know. : )

      Cheers,
      Gwendoline