Re: [Authentic_SCA] Pflatzgrafen Dorothea Sabina von Nuremberg

  • marshamclean@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
      If anyone can point me to, show me, mail me, or email to me pictures of the
      actual dress worn by Pflatzgrafen Dorothea Sabina von Nuremberg in 1598, in
      which she was buried, I would be most appreciative.  I would really like to
      make this dress, but am less than impressed with the line drawings in Janet
      Arnold's book.

      I very much prefer pictures of extant garments (don't we all? *grin*) to
      work from rather than someone else's drawings alone.  Yeah, she was a
      goddess of clothing to many, but everyone misses a detail sometimes.

      The dress is currently located in Germany, I believe in the Deutsches
      Historisches Museum, but I'm not sure.  I have seen someone's dark and
      blurry pictures of it on the web somewhere but I didn't bookmark it (bad
      Despina, can't make the dress) and now I really want to do this.

      Thanks,
      Despina de la won't cut without good pictures.... *sigh*

      ----------
      "Let everyone witness how many different cards Fortune has up Her sleeve
      when she wants to ruin a man." --
      Benvenuto Cellini.

    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
        At 04:00 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >I think it's in Koehler... Worth a try, if you have the book.

        No offence, and I'll look (I do have the book) but I trust Koehler less
        than Janet.

        thanks....
        Smiles,
        Despina
      • marshamclean@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
            At 04:03 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
            >Well, yah! <G> But I think his has the blurry pics.

            I'll look. *grin* Better than nothing. I'd really like some clear shots
            though... anyone..... Buhler?

            Smiles,
            Despina
          • Elizabeth Walpole
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
              There are some pictures in the front section of PoF but I don't really
              recall how good they are.
              hope that helps

              ----
              Elizabeth Walpole
              Politarchopolis, Lochac
              ewalpole@...

              One reason to smile is that every seven minutes of every day, someone in an
              aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

              >If anyone can point me to, show me, mail me, or email to me pictures of the
              >actual dress worn by Pflatzgrafen Dorothea Sabina von Nuremberg in 1598, in
              >which she was buried, I would be most appreciative. I would really like to
              >make this dress, but am less than impressed with the line drawings in Janet
              >Arnold's book.
              >
              >I very much prefer pictures of extant garments (don't we all? *grin*) to
              >work from rather than someone else's drawings alone. Yeah, she was a
              >goddess of clothing to many, but everyone misses a detail sometimes.
              >
              >The dress is currently located in Germany, I believe in the Deutsches
              >Historisches Museum, but I'm not sure. I have seen someone's dark and
              >blurry pictures of it on the web somewhere but I didn't bookmark it (bad
              >Despina, can't make the dress) and now I really want to do this.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >Despina de la won't cut without good pictures.... *sigh*
              >

              >----------
              >"Let everyone witness how many different cards Fortune has up Her sleeve
              >when she wants to ruin a man." --
              >Benvenuto Cellini.

            • borderlands15213
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
                Uhmm....I possess both PoF and Kohler, but if recall serves, doesn't
                Arnold have photos in the "front" portion of PoF, including this gown?

                Yseult

                > At 04:03 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                > >Well, yah! <G> But I think his has the blurry pics.
                >
                > I'll look. *grin* Better than nothing. I'd really like some
                clear shots
                > though... anyone..... Buhler?
                >
                > Smiles,
                > Despina
              • ladymorwenna
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2002
                  > I'll look. *grin* Better than nothing. I'd really like some clear
                  shots
                  > though... anyone..... Buhler?
                  >
                  > Smiles,
                  > Despina

                  Despina,

                  Is this the web page you were looking for?
                  pictures: http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/nat/n1.shtml

                  Morwenna
                • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2002

                    >Despina,
                    >
                    >Is this the web page you were looking for?
                    >pictures:
                    ><http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/nat/n1.shtml>http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/nat/n1.shtml
                    ><http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/nat/index.shtml>http://www.marquise.de/en/1600/nat/index.shtml

                    yessssss, my precious, yessssssssssss

                    *grin*

                    Though I would still love if anyone has actually visited the museum, seen
                    the piece and has other pictures of it to email or somehow (I'd pay for the
                    copies and shipping) get me copies of good pictures. *grin*

                    Smiles,
                    Despina de la only a little obsessed
                  • ladymorwenna
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 1, 2002
                      > Though I would still love if anyone has actually visited the museum,
                      > seen the piece and has other pictures of it to email or somehow (I'd
                      > pay for the copies and shipping) get me copies of good pictures.
                      > *grin*
                      >
                      > Smiles,
                      > Despina de la only a little obsessed

                      Have you tried contacting the museum? You might be able to buy
                      photographs, if they have them in their picture library.

                      --Morwenna
                    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 1, 2002
                        At 03:03 PM 11/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                        >Have you tried contacting the museum? You might be able to buy
                        >photographs, if they have them in their picture library.

                        Some days, friends hold my brain for me in trust. When I need it, they
                        bring it out, show it to me, allow me to use it and then take it back for
                        safekeeping. Thank you, Morwenna, for allowing me a glimpse of the brain I
                        haven't seen in so long. *grin*

                        Smiles,
                        Despina de la should have thought of that, considering how many people
                        she's told to do the same thing in the last week for other stuff
                      • marshamclean@rogers.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 1, 2002